News Desk |
Twitterati went berserk when Avengers actor Chris Pratt posted a love-filled tweet to Pakistan, responding to a user. Twitter users fell head over heels for the actor when he wrote ‘Love back at you Pakistan!’ and fans started pouring in their admiration which turned into an endless string of comments. Responding to the tweet, Pratt recalled a childhood memory when he had a Bowie knife which was made in Pakistan.
While it may seem a lot to believe that a Hollywood actor like Pratt could visit Pakistan; Pakistan has played host to some of the most prominent and powerful faces in the world. Let’s take a look at some of the celebrities, athletes and global leaders that have visited Pakistan over the decades:
- Marlon Brando: The Godfather lead actor, one of the most successful artists of all time, visited Lahore in 1967 for a fundraiser.
- Robert Di Niro: Also an iconic actor with a career spanning over 40 years, Robert Di Niro visited Pakistan in 2004 for a tour of the infamous and breathtaking Northern areas.
- Lady Diana: The Queen of hearts, the late Princess Diana also visited the district of Chitral in 1991.
- Muhammad Ali: The greatest of all time, butterfly boxer Muhammad Ali visited Pakistan in 1988 and visited several landmarks and important places in Lahore.
- The Queen: The Queen of the Commonwealth Realms, Queen Elizabeth the ll, visited Pakistan twice in 1961 and 1997. During her last visit, it is reported that she had become a Pakistani by heart; the Queen was found haggling over the price of a carpet she wanted at a market in Karachi.
- The great Marxist revolutionary leader Che Guevara visited Pakistan twice during the reign of Field Marshal Ayub Khan.
- Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin: In an interesting surprise, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, the first two men to walk on the moon visited Karachi in 1969. The streets of Karachi were flooded with crowds trying to catch a glimpse of these aliens!
- Barack Obama: One of the most popular US Presidents, Barack Obama, was once a resident of Gujranwala! In 1981, his mother was posted to Pakistan.
- George W. Bush: The former US president visited Pakistan in 2006 amidst security hazards.
- Angelina Jolie: The ravishing American actress and UN goodwill ambassador visited Pakistan in 2010. This wasn’t, unfortunately, a happy visit. She had come to raise funds, awareness and distribute aid to the flood affectees. She was severely critical of the ruling elite being oblivious to the common people.
Have someone interesting to add to this list? Let GVS know in the comments below!