I like eating baked Parmesan chicken with fresh coleslaw salad. It is a light meal that is very filling. For me the rustic taste and the oaky aroma of the parmesan always makes me wonder at the process and methods of ageing cheese. Kids enjoy eating the Parmesan chicken even if mine do turn up their noses at the salad! I would love to know what age they have to be before they start eating vegetables willingly.
Serving size : 6
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 350oF (175oC). Lightly grease a baking dish.
- In a bowl, blend the olive oil and garlic. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture.
- Put the chicken breasts in the baking dish and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Serve hot when cooked with coleslaw salad or other vegetables.