Global Village Space brings to its readers the top political, economic and cultural stories in a timely fashion. As we build out our team dealing with international affairs, we are looking for aspiring interns who wish to work in international affairs or journalism to spend some time with us and develop practical skills. The candidate will be working with sub-editor and be responsible for:
- Gathering news from newswires, news and other websites, social media, and other information sources to identify story ideas that fit within Global Village Space’s editorial scope, and help the team to produce the latest news briefs and analysis.
- Developing, under time constraints, unbiased and factual stories by performing research, rewriting wire copy, and drawing on additional resources, where necessary.
- Managing aspects of production, such as sourcing images, social media elements, and appropriate SEO keywords
The ideal candidate will be:
- Second or Third year studying for a degree in International Affairs, English, Journalism, or Media and Communications.
- Strong English writing and proofreading skills
- Some expertise with Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint. Knowledge of Photoshop will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with using news websites and social media platforms.
- Upon application and before the interview the applicant will be asked to submit a 700 word essay as assigned by the Global Village Space team.
- Location: Islamabad
Contact: Interested applicants should send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please reference “Intern (International Affairs Desk)” in the subject line.