I tend to marinate most meat dishes, I like the way the ingredients are saturated into the meat. So whether it is chicken or red meat, if I know what I am cooking the next day – I will marinate it and leave in the fridge overnight so that when I come from work the next day, the meat has nicely absorbed the flavors. You can marinate most meats as long you want from a couple of minutes to overnight. And honey mustard chicken is one of my absolute favorites.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Mix the honey, mustard, basil, paprika, parsley and seasoning, then pour 3/4 of the mixture over the chicken pieces, coating them well.
- Leave the chicken to marinate overnight or for a couple of hours.
- Preheat oven to 350oF (175oC).
- Place the chicken breasts in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over and brush with the remaining 1/4 of the honey mustard mixture. Leave in oven for an additional 10 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.