This dish provides you with intensive protein and good oils to your body – both from the omega 3 in Salmon and the oils in the pecans. Imagine the bang for your buck your face, skin and body gets from this combo. Not only that you don’t have to feel guilty when eating this but its Yummy. I always add vegetables to everything I eat, since it helps to fill me up. With this I would probably go with either boiled potatoes and or green vegetables.
• 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 5 tbsp butter, melted
• 5 tsp honey
• 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
• 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
• ½ cup sunflower seeds chopped
• 3 tsp chopped fresh parsley
• 6 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
• salt and pepper to taste
• 6 lemon wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 400oF (200oC).
2. In a bowl, mix together the honey, mustard and the melted butter.
3. In another bowl, mix well the bread crumbs, pecans, sunflower seeds and parsley.
4. Season each salmon fillet with salt and pepper. Then coat in the mustard-honey mix turning it in the mixture so that it is fully coated.
5. Then place in the second bowl and coat the top of each fillet with the bread crumb mixture.
6. Place the salmon on a lightly greased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at thickest part, or until salmon just flakes when tested with a fork.
8. Serve garnished with lemon wedges.