| Welcome to Global Village Space

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Boy Goes Missing on Trail 5, Body Found

The body of a missing teenager, who disappeared during a hike in Islamabad's Margalla Hills, was found in a ditch after an extensive search operation.

A missing teenager’s body was discovered on Monday in Islamabad’s Margalla Hills, Trail 5, following an extensive search operation by police and rescue teams. The 15-year-old, named Taha, had gone hiking with five classmates on Saturday morning but failed to return home. His disappearance was reported by his mother, who filed a First Information Report (FIR) at the Secretariat Police Station on Sunday afternoon.

According to the FIR, Taha’s friends returned home at around 5pm on Saturday and called his mother to inquire if he had also arrived. When she realized he was missing, she contacted the Rawalpindi rescue helpline, prompting a swift response from the police and rescue services.

Search Operation Intensifies

The search operation, which began immediately after the report was filed, saw significant deployment of resources. The Islamabad Police, Quick Response Team, Margalla Foot Patrol, and drone cameras were all utilized to locate Taha. Safe City cameras were also employed to trace the teenager’s last known movements. Despite these efforts, the search was hampered by nightfall, and the operation had to be suspended temporarily.

Read More: Massive Fire at Girls’ School in Haripur

By Monday morning, the search resumed with increased intensity. Various teams, including officials from Rescue 1122, the Metropolitan Corporation Islamabad (MCI), and the Wildlife and Forest Department, were involved in the efforts. The police widened the scope of their investigation, questioning several people who might have seen Taha.

Body Found, Investigation Underway

Taha’s body was ultimately found in a ditch midway between Pir Sohawa and Bari Imam. Police officials, along with Taha’s family, were present at the scene. It appeared that Taha had slipped and fallen into the ditch, leading to his untimely death. His uncle was able to identify the body, which was discovered with his water bottle, mobile phone, and bag lying nearby. The phone had been switched off, preventing any contact.

The city’s superintendent of police (SP) and assistant superintendent of police (ASP) were among those coordinating the retrieval of the body. A post-mortem examination is planned to cover all aspects of the incident, as part of the ongoing investigation.

Taha’s family expressed their grief, describing him as their only son and a cautious individual who rarely ventured out alone. They allowed him to go hiking only after he insisted, following his exams. The community mourns the loss of Taha, whose tragic end serves as a somber reminder of the potential dangers of outdoor activities, even in familiar areas.

The authorities have urged hikers to take extra precautions and ensure they are well-prepared for such excursions. This incident underscores the importance of safety measures and the need for constant vigilance during recreational activities in challenging environments.