I like this variation on the old fashioned mayonnaise based coleslaw. The tahini gives it a touch of the Middle East and brings a more exotic feel to the coleslaw. In addition, the incorporation of the red cabbage brings a more colorful look to the old white and orange color coleslaw. With all the nuts and seeds not a salad to eat when you are on a diet. But definitely worth splurging out on once in a while.
- (350g) Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/4 small (350g) red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts
Tahini and Orange Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Combine all the shredded vegetables, green cabbage, red cabbage, capsicum, carrot, green onion and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- Make the Tahini and orange dressing by whisking the tahini, vinegar and orange juice together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to cabbage mixture and toss to combine.
- Arrange coleslaw on a serving platter and decorate with the cashew nuts.