When I was growing up, we did not have access to posh drinks such as elderflower sparkling water, which you can find in stores these days. However, cordial allows you to create the exact strength of elderflower you prefer in your drink. The lemons and slightly crushed berries help to give some antioxidants for the body.
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 35 ml elderflower cordial
- 1 handful of frozen berries
- sparkling water or lemonade, to top up
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon into a jug, add the sugar and elderflower cordial and mix well to dissolve.
- Put a few ice cubes in each glass, slice the remaining lemon and add to the jug along with the frozen berries.
- Top up with sparkling water to taste.