| Welcome to Global Village Space

Sunday, February 25, 2024

Farrukh Habib puts up fight to stop police convoy transporting Fawad Chaudhry

Farrukh Habib, who was following the police authorities to keep track of Fawad Chaudhry's whereabouts, also physically tried to stop the motorcade en route to Islamabad.

PTI leader and former Minister of State Farrukh Habib has locked horns with police authorities as the latter take Fawad Chaudhry to Islamabad on a transitory remand in a sedition case filed against him.

Earlier, the Lahore High Court directed the police to present Fawad Chaudhry in court, however, PTI leaders have since then claimed that the police authorities are ignoring court orders and are continuing on their way to Islamabad.

PTI leaders Hammad Azhar and Farrukh Habib have been providing real-time updates and also sharing videos showing the motorcade transporting Fawad Chaudhry.

“In clear defiance of High Court orders, police motorcade transporting Fawad Chaudhry to Islamabad via motorway. Who are they taking orders from? Another day of institutional undermining in the Banana regime,” Hammad Azhar tweeted.

Meanwhile, Farrukh Habib, who has been following the motorcade all day to keep track of Fawad Chaudhry’s whereabouts, also physically tried to stop the motorcade en route to Islamabad. He clashed with the police authorities and accused them of defying court orders. The policemen had to restrain him. A heated argument also broke out between them.

Read more: Strong reactions pour in over arrest of Fawad Chaudhry

In a surprise move, Fawad Chaudhry was arrested outside his residence in Lahore in the early hours of Wednesday. Islamabad police confirmed the arrest, stating that Fawad Chaudhry tried to “incite violence against a constitutional institution” and “inflame the sentiments of the people”.

Fawad Chaudhry was presented before the court by the Islamabad Police in tight security to seek a transitory remand to transfer the former federal minister to the federal capital. A local court in Lahore ordered them to carry out a medical examination of the PTI leader and allowed police to take him to Islamabad.

On the other hand, the Lahore High Court, on a habeas corpus plea, ordered the authorities to present the PTI leader before the court by 1:30 pm. The time was later extended to 2:00 pm, but the authorities failed to produce Fawad before LHC. As a result, PTI leaders have been accusing the police authorities of defying court orders.

Read more: Pictures of Fawad Chaudhry smiling while in handcuffs win hearts