Freshly made strawberry lemonade will bring back memories of childhood. Summer holidays, no school, playing with friends with lots of free time to run around in parks and gardens. There was nothing better to drink than lemonade to cool down.
- 3 cup water
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 cup lemon juice (about 8 to 10 large lemons)
- 1 pt. fresh strawberries preferably
- 1 litre sparkling water
- lemon slices and mint for decoration (optional)
- In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice. Let cool completely.
- Place strawberries in blender with 1/2 cup lemonade mixture. Blend until puréed. Strain purée through a fine sieve to remove seeds. Add purée to remaining lemonade mixture; stir well to combine. Refrigerate until serving.
- Stir in sparkling water. Pour over ice.
- Garnish with lemon and mint, if using.