| Welcome to Global Village Space

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Imran Khan finally leaves IHC premises after ultimatum to authorities

After being held in the court for more than three hours, Imran Khan has finally left the IHC premises.

After hours of political drama and tense standoffs, former Prime Minister and Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) Imran Khan finally left the premises of the Islamabad High Court (IHC). The prime minister had been stuck inside the court building for several hours after authorities had prohibited him from leaving due to security concerns.

Ultimatum to authorities

Earlier in the day, Imran Khan had issued an ultimatum to the authorities, demanding an immediate explanation for why he was not allowed to leave the IHC. He was attempting to attend an emergency meeting with top officials when he was stopped by security forces. The situation escalated quickly, with gunfire erupting outside the court building just as Imran Khan was set to leave.


Imran Khan was arrested on Tuesday on charges of corruption while he was in IHC for a hearing. Nationwide protests erupted which resulted in violent clashed between the workers and security forces. Later, Khan was released on orders by the Supreme Court.

The political crisis in Pakistan has attracted the attention of the international community, with several countries expressing concern about the situation. The United States and the United Kingdom have both called for calm and restraint, urging all parties to resolve their differences through dialogue and peaceful means. Other countries, including China and Russia, have refrained from commenting on the situation but are said to be monitoring it closely.

Read More: Marriyum Aurangzeb threatens judges after SC releases Khan

It remains to be seen what the next steps will be for the ousted prime minister and his party as they fight for timely elections. The situation on the ground remains fluid and unpredictable, and Pakistan is facing a pivotal moment in its history.