This is a very healthy salad that easily works as a main meal also. It is frequently eaten in the Middle East as a side dish to the main course especially with meat and rice. The mint and parsley give this a very refreshing taste and perfectly complement most meals. As for most salads try to use the freshest ingredients possible and the best quality olive oil.
Read more: Roasted Eggplant & Couscous Salad
Ingredients for the tasty salad
- 200 g puy lentils
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 200 g ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 large bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large bunch of fresh mint
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
Method to make the best salad
- Rinse the lentils, and cook in plenty of salted water until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Trim and finely slice the spring onions, cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and finely chop the herb leaves.
- Mix the cooled lentils with all other ingredients and add 4 tablespoons of oil. Add the lemon juice to taste, season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Toss everything to mix well and serve.
Well, you don’t need any instructions to enjoy your salad.