These are extremely easy to make and make for easy packing in kids lunch boxes, and are yummy afternoons pick me ups. I always bake several batches and leave them in storage containers for several days in a cool place.
- 225g crunchy peanut butter
- 200g bar dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 280g soft light brown sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- Heat oven to 180oC/gas 4.
- Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper and put aside 50g each of the peanut butter and chocolate.
- Gently melt remaining peanut butter, chocolate and all the sugar in a pan, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has just about melted. Turn off heat and use a wooden spoon to beat in the eggs one by one.
- Stir in the flour and scrape into the tin.
- Melt reserved peanut butter in a pan until runny, and drizzle over the brownie.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until it has a crust, but the middle still seems slightly uncooked.
- Melt reserved chocolate, drizzle over the brownie, then cool in the tin before cutting into squares.