I think it was eating pomegranate that got Eve thrown out of heaven not apples, because this fresh, succulent fruit has heavenly juices. In this recipe you can either crush them in the blender, along with the ginger and use a sieve to press out the juice or alternatively just infuse the water as described below.
- ½ pomegranate (1 if juicing)
- 2cm piece of ginger
- 1 lemon
- 1-2 mint leaves, optional
- ice cubes
- Cut the pomegranate in half and hit the back side with a spoon to take out the seeds by inverting it inwards. Put seeds into the jug.
- Finely grate the ginger and add to the jug along with sliced or juiced lemon, whichever you prefer.
- Add ice, then fill up with water. Add a mint leaf or two as per preference.
- Once you have drank this water you can refill all day along.
- Best if made the night before so that the water can really be infused with the ingredients.