Roasted Chicken is a really easy dish to make and surprisingly guests are always impressed at the effort you have gone to. I always leave mine to marinate overnight so that the sauces really go deep into the chicken.
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken,
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp red chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup margarine, divided
- Preheat oven to 350oF (175oC).
- Place the yoghurt, honey, chili flakes, garlic cloves, cinnamon, seasonings and onion powder all into a large bowl and mix.
- Make small cuts inside the chicken and then baste it in the yoghurt mixture and leave overnight.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, Place 3 tablespoons margarine in the chicken cavity. Put the remaining margarine around the chicken’s exterior.
- Leave in oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and baste with melted margarine and drippings. If you wish to serve with Roasted potatoes then put those inside the same roasting pan 30 minutes after the chicken was first put in.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving.