We eat chicken a lot in our household so I am always looking for new tasty recipes that are quick and easy to make. This I discovered a couple of years ago when I was travelling around in Asia, staying in AirBNB rentals that allowed me to cook food at home instead of always eating out. Now I often substitute the chicken breasts for chicken wings and you get a sticky finger licking wings as an appetizer.
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- spring onions to garnish and sesame seeds (Optional)
- Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips and brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add garnishes if using.
- Serve with sticky rice.