Maleeha Hashmey |
One of the million things that differentiate Pakistan from India is the fact that anti-Indian rhetoric has NEVER been made use of in Pakistani election campaigns and electoral process as “anti-Pakistan” rhetoric is fabricated, nurtured and sold in India. In the wake of the upcoming General Election 2019 in April, BJP – the ruling party at present, is pitching the SAME “anti-Pakistan” card that it span in the previous elections and it actually worked well in their favor, but as they say, “Not every strategy works in all situations at all times”. This time around, they got their own Indian soldiers killed in Pulwama and it got BOUNCED. The mud that they had planned on hurling at Pakistan made its way right back at them, as facts and logic “refused” to support their ill-executed faulty plan.
Moreover, in a recent television program, Junagadh, a prominent Congress Leader cast aspersions that the BJP Government had orchestrated the Pulwama terror attack. “Whenever there are elections, they (BJP) do something like this. Earlier, Godhra carnage was carried out (before 2002 Gujarat elections) and today, the Pulwama attack has been done following the same pattern. When Congress comes to power this time around, we will investigate this tragedy.”
Mohammad Bin Salman’s visit to Pakistan was obviously something that India never wanted to see bearing fruit, therefore, a little unrest, involving their own soldiers’ corpses would have been a viable idea, maligning Pakistan across the globe.
Oh well, that is their own quarters spilling the beans. The pattern is way too obvious and the dots are just too desperate to be connected.
The basic queries that arise in any sensible mind, while evaluating Indian claim of Pakistan being responsible for the Pulwama tragedy, are;
- The incident happened 150 kilometers deep inside the valley on a military convoy of 2500 strong soldiers, while they have check posts installed after every few kilometers.
- Preparation of such vehicle-borne IED takes months. How in military saturated Indian Occupied Kashmir, it got prepared to be used against them, RIGHT under their nose, where there is one soldier positioned to keep an eye on seven Kashmiris?
- How Adil Dar, the young boy who apparently held himself responsible for the attack, could single-handedly orchestrate this? The boy, whose father, Ghulam Dar, in his interview with India Today, mentioned that his son never returned home after being attacked and tortured by the Indian soldiers on his way to school.
- Wreaking havoc in such a flawless fashion needs practice. Leave behind all incidents of oppression. How is it possible that such a huge quantity of explosive material made it there unnoticed, undetected, unchecked, unmonitored?
- Though Jaish-e-Muhammad has categorically denounced owning the incident as being claimed across by Indians let me put this on record that JeM got BANNED in Pakistan after the ex-President and ex-Chief of Army Staff, (R) Gen. Pervaiz Musharraf was targeted back in 2002.
Who is the beneficiary of Pulwama attack?
In addition to understanding the answers to the above-mentioned queries, making sense of the possible context and timing of the attack is critical to be understood.
India was more than comfortable with Nawaz Sharif and his likes steering the wheel in the power corridors of Pakistan, where in exchange for a few petty individualistic business gains, Pakistan’s integrity would be put “ON SALE”.
- Indian extremist faction in BJP has long been desirous of isolating Pakistan on all fronts but this idea bit the dust when Pakistan got invited by The United States of America to hold the central position in Afghan peace negotiations and KSA, China, Malaysia, Middle East and other nooks and corners of the world began to pour in their economic support to Pakistan, yearning for reciprocity from Pakistan’s end in terms of strategic support. CPEC, Gwadar Oil Refinery, and upcoming investment avenues are nothing short of a nightmare for India
- India was more than comfortable with Nawaz Sharif and his likes steering the wheel in the power corridors of Pakistan, where in exchange for a few petty individualistic business gains, Pakistan’s integrity would be put “ON SALE”. To their dismay, that is not the case anymore. Pakistan has recently been blessed with a Government, that takes pride in its state institutions and values its Armed Forces for their pivotal role in maintaining an enviably secure environment across the country, UNLIKE Nawaz Sharif’s regime, where they wouldn’t mind peddling nonsensical propaganda and conspiracies to defame their own security forces, for bagging political mileage.
- Kartarpur initiative had been a big defeat for India, which made Pakistan WIN millions of Sikhs’ hearts all over the world and especially in Punjab. Now that there’s going to be the 550th birthday celebrations of Guru Nanak in November 2019, it could be their [India’s] heinous aim to sabotage the mega celebratory event, which has all the potential to foster the Indo-Pak peace initiative that Prime Minister – Imran Khan intended to lay the foundation of, right in the beginning of his regime but India didn’t reciprocate.
- India had reluctantly agreed to permit the visit of Indus Water Treaty Team in Indian Occupied Kashmir after a lapse of 4 years in January this year. India never wanted this process to mature for the future and hence could have created an event of this sort to dodge it out for the future. Very much possible. Yes!
- Mohammad Bin Salman’s visit to Pakistan was obviously something that India never wanted to see bearing fruit, therefore, a little unrest, involving their own soldiers’ corpses would have been a viable idea, maligning Pakistan across the globe.
- Kulbhushan Jhadev’s case hearing at ICJ was just around the corner, which began yesterday. Peddling such a nasty propaganda would have deepened the sympathy factor for Kulbhushan in the masses across the border, so that even if they lose the case on account of not having substantial evidence supporting Jhadev’s PROVEN involvement in creating unrest in Baluchistan, they don’t have a hard time instigating their extremist factions, lacking basic conceptual understanding of the issue, fueled and driven by the emotions of animosity.
- Last but not the least; let’s ponder over the million-dollar question here.
The secret behind Pulwama Tragedy, just like Pathankot and many others is OUT in the open and the good news is that Pakistan is competent enough to see through the heinous pattern and deal with it like a force to reckon with.
“Who is the beneficiary of such an incident especially from timing’s point of view?
- Pakistan? That has not only extended its complete support to India for all sorts of investigations, despite the fact that Pakistan not being involved in it one ounce is the “Writing on the wall”, keeping logic and sequence of events in view, but has also peacefully check-mated India on Diplomatic, Strategic, Economic and International forums and is in the crucial stage of strengthening ties with rest of the world for gaining economic stability.
- India? That is already in the habit of selling “Anti-Pakistan” rhetoric to win the elections, especially BJP with its Hindu extremist voter base on Northern side, where they literally have NOTHING to show as their performance, so, why not bank on the evergreen animosity. Rest assured, the world is not blind. The secret behind Pulwama Tragedy, just like Pathankot and many others is OUT in the open and the good news is that Pakistan is competent enough to see through the heinous pattern and deal with it like a force to reckon with. Blame game without any concrete evidence will not be accepted now. That’s the collective decision of the whole nation!
Maleeha Hashmey is a corporate trainer, motivational speaker, socio-political enthusiast and human resource development consultant by profession. She has been working with the telecommunication sector as a corporate trainer. She has been working with the Ministry of Education, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, as a Human Resource Development Consultant & Teacher Trainer. Her dream is to make Pakistan a stronger economic state that the whole world views as a force to reckon with. She can be followed on Twitter via her Twitter handle @MaleehaHashmey. The views expressed in this article are author’s own and do not necessarily reflect the editorial policy of Global Village Space.