This is one of South Asia’s favorite drinks and its absolutely yummy. I have grown up drinking Lassi in all forms. Mango Lassi is an all time favorite but non-summer options also include sweet or salty Lassi. Which as their name suggests all you have to do is follow the recipe below and add in sugar or salt instead.
- 3 green cardamom pods , optional
- 2 ripe mangos
- 500 g low-fat natural yoghurt or greek yoghurt if you would like a thicker consistency
- 100 g ice cubes
- runny honey
- If you are using the cardamom pods, then crush the inside black seeds to a fine powder, using the crushing implement of the food processor or an old fashion pestle and mortle if you have one.
- Peel the mangos so that you get the juicy flesh. Then cut the juicy flesh off the ripe mangos.
- Place the flesh and any juices into a liquidizer with the yoghurt, ice cubes, 1 tablespoon of honey and the ground cardamoms.
Blitz until smooth, have a taste, and add a little more honey, if needed.
- Add more water, if you a more runny consistency.
- Top with a few thin slices of mango as a a decoration and serve freshly made.