President Erdogan arrived in Pakistan on a two-day official visit on Thursday, Feb,13, where he was welcomed by the prime minister of Pakistan. Imran Khan. Today he is all set to address the Joint session of Parliament. He is addressing the Parliament and has said that;
- In his speech in the parliament, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said that I am indebted to the loves and regards I have received in Pakistan.
- It auspicious that Pakistan and Turkey are on the same page on international issues.
- Turkey has supported Kashmir at all international forums. Turkey gives importance to Kashmir equally as does Pakistan
- Turkey ensures support for Pakistan get it off from the FATF grey list
- Turkey will keep supporting Pakistan for curtailing terrorism.
- Due to the efforts of Pakistan’s incumbent government, a better business environment has been developed for investment in Pakistan.
- Turkey has brotherly relations with Pakistan
- Trump and Israel’s agenda is not the agenda of peace.
Before addressing the joint session of parliament, Erdogan will also discuss the national, international and bilateral relations.
After the session, both leaders will co-chair the sixth meeting of the Pakistan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council (HLSCC), which is expected to enhance the bilateral relationship. They will speak to the Pakistan-Turkey Business Investment forum as well. This will be followed by a signing ceremony of the memorandums of understanding and accords finalized during the meeting. Both leaders are expected to conduct a joint press conference.
Turkish President Erdogan called upon by Pakistani President Arif Alvi
During the meeting with the Recep Tayyip Erdogan, President Arif Alvi highlighted Pakistan’s efforts in maintaining peace and bringing reconciliation in the region, especially in Afghanistan.
The two counterparts agreed that it is necessarily important for Turkey and Pakistan to work together to counter the unavoidable challenges faced by Ummah and to attenuate Islamophobia in the West.
President Arif Alvi also stressed that both countries must boost trade, economic and business relations to facilitate each other in the growth of the economy.
Erdogan’s visit: an opportunity to enhance economic and diplomatic ties
Pakistan and Turkey are highly engaged in boosting trade through Strategic Economic Framework (SEF). Currently, both countries have trade volume worth $900 million, which dropped from $1.06 billion after the imposition of a protective duty on textiles exported by Pakistan.
It is high time for both countries to engage their respective business companies to step up the already growing business ties.
Business-to-business (B2B) meetings are focused during visit
According to the Commerce Ministry, B2B business meetings will start from today (Thursday) between the businessmen of the two countries. In this regard, 100 delegations representing 60 companies in Turkey will be part of business meetings during the visit of the president.
The delegations will discuss trade, investment, and cooperation on tourism, military procurement, cooperation in other areas of defense industry to energy, construct on, textile, food, livestock, import and export, airways, real state, tourism, consultancy trade, shipping, agriculture, jewelry, automotive and vehicle equipment, construction and production, tractor and engine, casting, and production of paper industry. paper production.