Journalist who reported Rented Gathering in Bilawal’s Welcome Found Murdered

Aziz Memon was a KTN reporter in Interior Sindh and reported that PPP had rented hundreds of poor people from nearby villages to welcome Bilawal Bhutto during his long march on the train from Karachi to Larkana last year.

Bilawal

Journalist Aziz Memon, from Mehrabpur, Naushero Feroze Sindh is reportedly dead, who last year, reported on the rented demonstrators hired for Bilawal Bhutto’s train march. He was found dead in a canal on Sunday. Police suspect it to be murder by strangulation as a wire was found wrapped around his neck.

Aziz Memon was associated with KTN in Interior Sindh and had reported that PPP rented hundreds of poor people from nearby villages to welcome Bilawal Bhutto during his long march on the train from Karachi to Larkana last year. These rented people were hired to arrange a sham grand welcome for Bilawal Bhutto on the railway station, crafting the optics of PPP’s wide following across Sindh.

 

In his story, he added that MNA PPP Syed Abrar Ali Shah and Town Municipal Committee Halani had hired people initially to welcome Bilawal Bhutto for Rs.2000 each but they ended giving up Rs.200 to people after which the rented demonstrators protested and he reported the incident.

 

A few days ago, his video informing the authorities about threats to life emerged on social media. Unfortunately, no timely action was taken by the authorities and police to save Aziz Memon’s life.

In his video, he alleged that local PPP leadership and SSP Naushero Feroze are threatening him and his family ever since he reported the story. He said his children are harassed by these people. He pleaded for shelter probably in Islamabad to save his life.

Read more: “Sindh in control of dogs”, Murad Saeed slams Bilawal Bhutto

He said he does not have any party affiliations, nor with PTI or PPP, and he is a neutral journalist that he declared in his oath as well. He also requested Bilawal Bhutto to save his life. In a message to PPP’s chairperson, he said that Bilawal Bhutto is a rational man, who must understand that like any other journalist he just reported the incident and that that was not a fabricated story because the complainants were also shown.

PTI’s Federal Minister Fawad Chaudhry has demanded Chief Justice of the Supreme Court take immediate action on the alleged murder of the journalist Aziz Memon.

 

While Aziz Memon had alleged the local PPP’s leadership for his murder, MNA PPP Nafisa Shah condemned the murder but demanded the government to take exceptional measures to protect journalists from such tragic incidents.

The incident has alarmed international organizations as well, Community to Protect Journalists, Asia desk, has called on a thorough investigation into the matter.

 

Meanwhile, PPP chairperson Bilawal Bhutto has strongly condemned Aziz Memon’s murder and ordered that those involved in Memon’s murder should be arrested immediately and the administration should pursue the case impartially and without granting favors to anyone. He also expressed sympathies with the bereaved families.

Facebook Comments

blank