Every mouthful of this salad will give you a great crunch and work those grinders in your mouth; the apples, radicchio and the walnuts all adding to the bite and the texture of this salad. It is important to add the apple to this salad as the sweetness of the apple helps to balance the bitter and spicy taste of the radicchio.
- 50g (1/2 cup) walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 radicchio, trimmed, finely shredded
- 2 granny smith apples, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Roast the walnuts in an oven for 5 minutes or until brown.
- To make dressing, place mustard and vinegar in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper, and whisk to combine. Gradually whisk in oil until incorporated.
- Place radicchio, apples, onions and walnuts in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine.