A utility vehicle (ute) or four-wheel drive (4WD) is a pretty versatile and practical vehicle. Despite the many benefits, installing a canopy can add to the advantages. However, it’s imperative to pick an ideal canopy for your 4WD or ute. This read will give a few tips for picking an ideal canopy, but before that, it makes sense to look at the actual benefits of having one installed.
Benefits of a Ute Canopy:
- Secure Luggage- Getting an aluminium ute canopy installed keeps items at the back of your 4WD safe and secured. The items can’t be stolen or damaged by weather elements. This makes a canopy an excellent addition for a business utility vehicle.
- Adds Flair- Most four-wheel drive utes have an elegant look with canopies installed. These additions have come a long way and are available in high quality and sleek finishes that accentuate a vehicle’s style.
- Customisable to Cater to Individual/Business Needs – If you have a business that needs you to carry items around, a ute canopy can really come in handy. That’s because the addition is specifically designed to hold all the tools you require in a neat manner. Also, customising a canopy improves organisation and allows for easy access.
- Adds Value – Adding a canopy is a great way to increase the value of a ute. When you decide to sell the vehicle, you’ll do so at a higher price due to the benefits it can potentially offer the buyer.
Tips for Picking the Right Ute Canopy:
- Pick the Style
First and foremost, it’s imperative to pick the canopy you need for your car. The primary types of ute canopies include full canopy, part canopy and tool module. Full utility vehicle canopies tend to be sealed and provide comprehensive protection from external damage. Part ute canopies, on the other hand, offer the best of both. They are a combination of a canopy featuring a slide tray. Tool ute modules are ideal for storing your items with a back-tray option and are secure for tools.
- Consider Both External and Internal Accessories
External accessories such as ladder slides, roof racks, and tow bars can really add to the efficiency of your ute. However, you’ll want to pick the right accessory depending on your needs. Internal accessories such as mesh dividers, fire extinguishers, etc., on the other hand, boost productivity. In this regard, you get to decide and pick the accessories you need the most.
- Electronic Accessories are Vital
Electronic accessories such as work lights, power points, and reverse cameras are also available for utes. There is a wide array of accessories to pick from, and again, it boils down to the most suitable ones for your needs.
- Suspension Upgrade
If you intend to transport heavy items on your ute, you will require an ideal suspension. A robust suspension ascertains greater capacity plus safety. As such, it’s best to consider upgrading your ute’s suspension.
If you are looking to get the most out of your vehicle, consider the above-mentioned tips. If stuck, you can always consult professionals in the ute canopy and tray industry to ensure your vehicle is ready for both the best and the worst situations.