Home South Asia Pakistan China’s love for Sindh Police: Donate another Rs 6 million to slained...

China’s love for Sindh Police: Donate another Rs 6 million to slained cops

China’s
  • 121
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    121
    Shares

News Desk |

China has donated another amount of Rs 6 million for the families of policemen who embraced martyrdom during the terrorist attack on Chinese Consulate in Karachi on November 23.

According to the detail, Chinese Counsel General Wang Yu on behalf of his government handed over compensation cheques worth Rs 3 million to each family of the martyred police officials during a ceremony in Karachi.

Before the terrorist could even get into the compound of Consulate, all three were killed in the gun battle that broke out between police forces and attackers.

The ceremony at Central Police Office was attended by IDG Sind Dr. Syed Kaleem Imam, AIG Karachi Dr. Amir Ahmed Shaikh, senior police officers and families, and relatives of deceased assistant sub-inspector Ashraf Dawood and constable Amir Khan.

The Chinese diplomat appreciated the services of the martyred policemen and said that Chinese government highly valued their sacrifices. He also mentioned that China had already donated Rs 6 million to the families of both policemen and total amounted donated was Rs 12 million. He also said that that was not it and Chinese people still were collecting more funds for the families of slain policemen.

Read more: Chinese Consulate attack: Time to teach India a lesson?

IGP Imam felicitated the Chinese government for their kind gesture of assisting the families of martyred policemen. Appreciating the services of deceased, IGP said that they were assets of Sindh Police, adding ‘Martyrs never really die.’

The Chinese diplomat appreciated the services of the martyred policemen and said that Chinese government highly valued their sacrifices.

It is pertinent to mention that three suicide attackers storm the Chinese consulate in Karachi on November 23, but with quick and smart efforts of Karachi police, they could not enter the building and were killed. Two policemen embraced martyrdom during the fire exchange with terrorists. Two civilians also got killed in the unfortunate incident.

Read more: Terrorists meet their fate: Chinese Consulate declared secure

Before the terrorist could even get into the compound of Consulate, all three were killed in the gun battle that broke out between police forces and attackers. All staff of the consulate remained safe and sound. Pro-Indian insurgency group, Baluchistan Liberation Army claimed the responsibility of the attack.

Prime Minister Imran Khan, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry, Opposition leader Shahbaz Sharif, and other ministers and politicians condemned the attack and termed it a conspiracy against Pak-China friendship.


  • 121
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    121
    Shares

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.