Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) has seized cell phones of Indian actresses Deepika Padukone, Shraddha Kapoor, and Sara Ali Khan after interrogating them for several hours in the drug probe linked to actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death.
According to details, the actresses have recorded their statements in the case. Their cell phones will be sent to forensic experts to retrieve data in connection with the drug inquiry. Padukone was the first to arrive at the Narcotics Control Board’s office in Mumbai.
She had received a summon earlier in the week while shooting a movie in the western beach resort of Goa. The narcotics agency said in a statement that it started the Bollywood drug probe after the death of young actor Sushant Singh Rajput, whose body was found at his Mumbai residence in June.
A source from the NCB said: “The phones of Deepika, Karishma, Rakul, and Khambatta have been seized by the NCB under the Indian Evidence Act.”
The NCB has registered a case on the request of the Enforcement Directorate after it found alleged chats of Deepika with her former manager discussing drugs in 2017. The bureau says the alleged chats were made from the same phone.
The sources from the narcotics bureau informed that they found the names of Padukone and Kapoor in the Whatsapp chats on the phone of Jaya Saha, Sushant Singh’s talent manager, and a top executive of the firm, Kwan.
Sources even informed that Padukone and Kapoor are not directly nominated as accused in the Bollywood-drug nexus probe. The agency sources say the NCB seized the phones of the actors for further investigation.’ The NCB had questioned Deepika for over five hours on Saturday.