Prince William, Harry to have an in-depth conversation following an explosive interview of Meghan Markle with American presenter, Oprah Winfrey, last week. A UK publication, Page Six, has claimed on Thursday.
Meghan Markle and her husband Harry made shocking and explosive comments regarding the most-sought royal family of Britain. She alleged that she was subjected to racial discrimination with her in-laws even discussing the skin colour of her son, ‘Archie’. Meghan Markle said she was upset to the extent that she wanted to give up her life at one point. Hence, they decided to part way with the royal family.
“We are very much not a racist family,” Prince William told reporters during a visit to a school in Stratford, London.
When asked if he had spoken to Prince Harry after the Oprah interview, he added, “No, I haven’t spoken to him yet, but I will do.”pic.twitter.com/MjTOeH7u6Z
— Omid Scobie (@scobie) March 11, 2021
The exclusive article published on Page Six said that the interview has opened the ‘communication channels’ between Prince Harry and William.
Read more: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s “unsurvivable” trolling makes them quit social media
Currently, it is not clear the extent of how many contacts the pair had but they are still on speaking terms.
When asked if Prince William was in contact with Harry, he said: “No, I haven’t spoken to him yet, but I will do.”
Harry in his interview with Oprah Winfrey had admitted his love and affection for his elder brother. “As I said before, I love William to bits,” he said. “We’ve been through hell together and we have a shared experience, but we are on different paths.”
The interview in which Meghan Markle had accused the royal family of cruelty and racism had left Queen frowning reportedly. The royal family has been in defence, has rejected all the claims made by Meghan Markle.
Prince Harry reveals where things stand between him and Prince William: "We've been through hell together." https://t.co/9PafCLJWib pic.twitter.com/V5RxDdiRFQ
— E! News (@enews) March 8, 2021
Following the interview, Prince William was asked by a reporter, if the royal family is racist. “We’re very much not a racist family.”
Meanwhile, Buckingham Palace has also released an official statement on the issue and has said that they are looking at the matter very seriously.
Palace said, the ‘recollections may vary’ but the matter would be addressed privately. The Palace said the Sussexes would “always be much-loved family members”.