This is ideal for an evening salad meal – Succulent Lamb Salad. The addition of the lamb satisfies even the heartiest of appetites. I like using palm sugar which has a low glycemic index but you can use brown sugar if you don’t find the palm sugar.
- 2 fresh red chillies, seeded
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50g palm sugar
- 175ml rice vinegar
- 1 cucumber
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 white radish
- 1 stick lemon grass, white part only, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 100g trimmed asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (about 600g) lamb fillets
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Sesame seeds and Lime wedge for garnish
Method for Succulent Lamb Salad
- Slice the chilies very thinly and place in a saucepan with garlic, sugar and vinegar. Bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Set aside to cool completely.
- Slice the cucumber thinly and slice the carrot and radish into very thin, long strips. Place in a bowl with the lemon grass, mint, coriander and steamed asparagus.
- Preheat the barbecue or grill plate. Brush the lamb with oil, season with salt and ground black pepper and cook for 7-8 minutes each side. Set aside to rest.
- Add fish sauce to the dressing. Squeeze any excess moisture from the vegetables with your hands. Add half the dressing.
- Carve the lamb thinly. Divide salad between serving plates, top with sliced lamb and drizzle with remaining dressing. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve with a Lime wedge
Read more: Roasted Eggplant & Couscous Salad