After much delay and controversies hovering around Excel’s action drama Raees, the film is finally hitting the big screen next week and obviously fans of Shah Rukh Khan are excited to see their superstar. Besides that, the film also features the new pairing of the Baadshah Khan with Pakistani actress Mahira Khan.
Mahira Khan gained fame in India, as the co-star of another Pakistani turned Bollywood star Fawad Khan in their prime time TV show Humsafar that was aired on Zindagi channel. But there have been several facts about the actress that only a handful of people may be aware of:
- Mahira Khan started her career as a VJ with MTV and did shows like Weekends With Mahira which gave her fame and name.
- On the other hand, Mahira Khan made her acting debut in 2011 in a supporting role in the Pakistani film Bol. She played the role of Humaima Malik’s younger sister, Ayesha.
- Mahira Khan continued her love for hosting even in future years as she hosted a talk show with celebrities called Tuc – The Lighter Side of Life where many leading Pakistani actors like Fawad Khan, Ali Zafar and even cricketers like Shoaib Malik and Shoaib Akhtar.
- On the personal front, Mahira Khan married her friend Ali Askari in 2007 whom she apparently met in Los Angeles. The couple has a son named Azlaan.
- Extremely close to her son Azlaan, she keeps writing journals for him. In an interview, the actress stated that she started this so that her son is aware of everything even in case something happens to her.
- Mahira Khan is a huge fan of Madhuri Dixit and it was the actress’ film Ram Lakhan that inspired her to become an actress.
- Mahira also has been in love with Bollywood since childhood. She had once revealed that she often stole film magazines as a kid and also that she would like to meet late actor-filmmaker Guru Dutt in heaven when she dies. Apparently, she is obsessed with Bollywood enough to do a KBC on it and expressed her desire to work with some contemporary filmmakers like Vishal Bhardwaj and Imtiaz Ali.
- Mahira Khan, in 2015, was ranked 10th in the list of Sexiest Asian Women by a British Weekly named Eastern Eye. Later, we hear in 2016, the actress further moved to the 9th position.
- Mahira Khan is popularly termed as ‘Mazdoor Khan’ by her co-stars. In fact, in a show on one of the Pakistani channels, Mahira had revealed that it was her stylist Babar who started calling her by that name since the actress loved doing mundane chores and even enjoyed sitting on the floor and eating.
- Rumors have it that the actress going through turbulence in her personal life with constant buzz about trouble in her marriage. Though she has never spoken about the same, there have been reports about her filing for divorce.
The original article was posted on Bollywood Hungama.