| Welcome to Global Village Space

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

10 family members burned to death in house fire in Lahore

The fire broke out due to an explosion in the refrigerator's compressor. As many as ten members of the same family, including six children and three women, were burned alive. Only one member of the family managed to escape the deadly fire by jumping off the building.

In a harrowing incident, ten family members, including women and children, were burned to death when their house caught fire in the wee hours of Wednesday. The tragic incident took place in Lahore’s Bhati Gate area.

According to the details, the fire broke out due to an explosion in the refrigerator’s compressor. The house had no ventilation to let the smoke out.

Read more: Radio Pakistan building set on fire in Peshawar

As many as ten members of the same family, including six children and three women, were burned alive. Only one member of the family managed to escape the deadly fire by jumping off the building.

The fire brigade and rescue teams reached the spot and brought the fire under control. Rescue teams have shifted the dead bodies to the hospital.

Police said that the bodies of the deceased will be handed over to the heirs after completion of identification and medico-legal formalities. Meanwhile, the rescue team said that the cooling process of the burnt building was underway.

Meanwhile, Punjab’s interim chief minister Mohsin Naqvi has taken notice of the matter and sought a report from the Lahore commissioner on it. He ordered a comprehensive investigation into the matter and offered his condolences to the heirs of the deceased family.

Read more: 12 houses set on fire to avenge love marriage?

This is not the first time a house fire killed a family. A similar incident took place in Lahore last year. At least three children were dead and five other persons received burn injuries as fire erupted at a house in Lahore. The tragic incident was reported in Lahore’s Chungi Amar Sadhu

Earlier in January, six of a family including children were burnt to death in a fire at their house in Quetta. The rescue sources confirmed the death of six people of a family including children in Quetta’s Satelite Town due to gas leakage. The fire erupted as the family tried to on the heater to fight cold weather but due to gas leakage the home exploded.