News Desk |
The former Prime Minister, Nawaz Sharif and the Jamaat- e- Islami Chief Siraj ul Haq have submitted their – long due – responses to the Supreme Court. The apex court had subpoenaed both of the political leaders to respond to the allegations leveled against them in the Asghar Khan Case.
While rejecting all the accusations against him, Nawaz Sharif clarified in his statement that he did not receive any money from the former spymaster, Asad Durrani, or Yunus Habib. Moreover, Siraj ul Haq also straight out refused to accept the allegations against him.
The credible sources stated ‘online’ that according to the submitted documents, six important personalities had been summoned in the Karachi FIA office for this case.
The former Prime Minister claimed that he did not receive the alleged Rs 3.5 million from Asad Durrani or any other person on his behalf. He added that the charge, against him, of taking Rs 6 million from Yunus Habib is also wrong. Nawaz Sharif further said that he had recorded his statement before an FIA team on October 14, 2015, supporting his defence. The Jamaat- e- Islami Chief, in his reply, said that his political party never received any money from the ISI and added that Jamaat- e- Islami became a party in the case voluntarily, declaring allegations against him were fabricated.
The Supreme Court had summoned former the former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Javed Hashmi, Abida Hussain and 21 others along with officers of different agencies, to appear before a judge for the said case. This case was originally filed to highlight and bring to justice, the rigging of 1990 general elections as accused by the late Asghar Khan. The case majorly calls out the army and intelligence agencies for paying several politicians during the said elections.
While broadening its investigation perimeter in the Asghar Khan case, the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has also decided to include the former Chief Minister Punjab Main Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif in the investigation process.
Younus Habib, one of the main characters of this famous case, stated in a televised interview that Rs 2.5 million was handed over to Mian Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif in 1993. The credible sources stated ‘online’ that according to the submitted documents, six important personalities had been summoned in the Karachi FIA office for this case. These included Younus Habib, Younus Mamon, Affaq Ahmed, Jam Haider and Imtiaz Sheikh.
The said people had also been directed to bring documents related to the Asghar Khan Case with them. In a TV interview, Younus Habib also mentioned that along with Rs 2.5 million set for Mian Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif, Javed Hashmi was also given a specific amount of Rs 10.47 million in 1993.