Advertisement

Chinese man does sit-ups on electric pole!

The incident happened on Sunday evening. Police officials took away the man from the outskirts of the Chengdu city of China.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

A man climbed the power pole in China to do sit-ups on top of it, reported Chinese media on Tuesday. The report says the bizarre stunt of man had caused a power outage disrupting the supply of electricity to thousands of homes.

The incident happened on Sunday evening. Police officials took away the man from the outskirts of the Chengdu city of China.

 

A Chines media, People’s Daily, posted the video of the man doing a stomach crunch on top of the pole at 30 feet in the air.

“The local power company initiated an emergency power cut… affecting tens of thousands of households,” the People’s Daily said. Medical personnel rushed to the scene as part of the emergency response. People’s Daily had posted the video on Twitter-like Chinese app, Weibo.

Read more: Violent video of Galwan Valley clash released by China

The man did not state the reason for this antic, however, the incident caused a frenzy on Chinese social media. The state authorities have warned people not to imitate the stunt.

“I was annoyed because of no electricity… and when I see the news and know the reason, I feel annoyed and amused at the same time,” said a user of Weibo who was affected by the incident.

Another user added that “Black-outs can waste a lot of money and potentially lead to a fatal accident.”

Local authorities were not present to comment on the incident. However, people believe that the incident could have been fatal. A similar incident was reported in China by Daily Mail. The man climbed the power pole and accidentally came too close to the electric wire and he burst into flames.

Read more: China bans BBC World News for violating broadcasting rule

Reportedly, the man climbed a high-voltage electric poll after a fight with his girlfriend. Burning with flames, the man fell to the ground and suffered severe injuries. He was immediately rushed to the hospital. He survived the incident but suffered severe burns.

Latest