Justice Qazi Faez Isa’s wife, Sarina Isa, has submitted a three-page affidavit to the Supreme Court asking 24 questions about the manner in which the government has dealt with death threats hurled by a cleric, Maulvi Agha Iftikhar Uddin Mirza, against her husband. She also mentioned that her husband, Justice Isa, is now being targeted under a new plan. The court is now to determine is Justice Faez Isa being targeted under a new plan?
Breaking: "Manner in which this crime [threat to Justice Qazi Faez Isa] dealt with confirms that a more direct method has been planned to #remove my #husband," Mrs. Sarina Isa told Supreme. #Sources— Zahid Gishkori (@ZahidGishkori) July 15, 2020
Sarina Isa had filed an application at Islamabad’s Secretariat Police Station on June 23 to register a first information report (FIR). She had complained that her husband had received a death threat via a video in which the intimidator –Mirza – can be heard saying: “Isa should be shot publicly.”
“Whoever is caught in embezzlement, whether it be Faez Isa or anyone else, should be executed through a firing squad. Only those who indulge in such activities must be hanged and the entire city should be invited to watch it,” the person in the video said according to Justice Isa’s wife.
Is Justice Faez Isa being targeted under a new plan? Sarina Isa raises 24 questions
The 24 questions raised by Sarina Isa are as follows:
- Why was the FIR not registered by Police Station Secretariat?
- Is every FIR in the country registered, as I was told, after “taking instructions from the Minister of Interior”?
- Why minor was my application sent to FIA after one day with the excuse of some crime having been committed but by ignoring the serious crime of Terrorism?
- FIA says it received my application on 25th June but registered the FIR on 29th June. Why this delay?
- FIA registered the FIR only after it learnt that the Supreme Court had taken notice. Why are terrorists being protected?
- Why in the FIR registered by FIA in front of the column stating “Date and hour when reported” it is written “29.06.2020 6:00 PM” when the crime was reported to the police six days earlier on 24th June at 6.15 pm?
- Television channels are heavily censored but I learnt from YouTube that the man who threatened to kill a Judge of the Supreme Court did not run away, did not hide and was not scared. Why?
- On 26th June the man who gave the death threat came to the Supreme Court. Why was he not arrested even then.
- YouTube channels reported that when the criminal came to the Supreme Court on 26th June he was relaxed. He had a cup of tea. He was provided protection and protocol. Is this how those who make death threats to a Judge of the Supreme Court treated?
- His lawyer stated that her client was not allowed to come before the Court on 26th June. Why? Was this because they were afraid that he will tell the Court who the video was made for?
- The crime was reported on 24th June 2020 when I had provided the man’s picture, cell phone number and address. But he was arrested on 29th June. Why did it take six days to arrest him?
- If he had been arrested immediately and his cell phones, computers and cameras taken into possession immediately he would not have had an opportunity to wipe out information which would have shown who he worked for. Why was a terrorist given six days to remove this vital information?
- Why was his residence and office not searched?
- What is his source of livelihood?
- Who are the religious and other affiliates of this man?
- Why, of the 17 Judges of the Supreme Court and many more of the High Courts, was my husband chosen? Is this a coincidence?
- Why did this man malign the Army and display the photograph of the Army Chief in his video?
- In my application to the police I had suspected that the death threat to my husband was in continuation of Abdul Waheed Dogar’s complaint. Mirza Shahzad Akbar had said he had met Abdul Waheed Dogar. Why then is Mirza Shahzad Akbar not questioned? Why is Abdul Waheed Dogar not questioned?
- In my application to the police I had said that whoever Abdul Waheed Dogar works for “is the real mastermind and the person who wants to now eliminate my husband”. Abdul Waheed Dogar cleverly mislead the police away from the attackers of the journalist Mr. Ahmad Noorani. Why then is that case not being investigated? Why is Abdul Waheed Dogar not questioned to find his links? [Is Justice Faez Isa being targeted under a new plan?]
- Why did FIA have to write in its report to the Supreme court, the man had “denied that he had delivered the said speech on the direction or instigation of someone else”? Isn’t FIA being overly protective of someone?
- Why did FIA not ask this terrorist the reason for extending death threats to my husband and for making the video?
- What have all the intelligence agencies of the country done and what have they found out?
- Was the Head of ISI contacted in respect of such a serious threat?
- In my application to the police I had asked to be provided a copy of the FIR and to “let me know what you find out.” Why has this not been done after over 3 weeks?
Mirza Iftikharuddin indicted in contempt case: Justice Faez Isa being targeted under new plan?
The Supreme Court on Wednesday indicted Mirza Iftikharuddin in derogatory video case against the judiciary and judges, local media reported. A two-member bench of the apex court, comprising Chief Justice Gulzar Ahmed and Justice Ijazul Ahsan today heard the case. The Supreme Court Bar Association also condemned the malicious campaign against the judge and also asked the court to ascertain is Justice Faez Isa being targeted under a new plan?
The court framed charges against the accused and handed over a copy of the charge-sheet to the counsel of the accused.
Kudos to #SupremeCourt for indicting notorious man Iftikhar Mirza today for threatening Justice Qazi Faez Isa & his wife Sarina Isa
CJP Gulzar Ahmed also instructed FIA to find out who is motivating this man to use such language against a superior Judiciary
— Mona Alam (@MonaAlamm) July 15, 2020
The court should be informed in the next hearing if the accused confesses his offence or not, the bench said. Mirza Iftikhar tendered an apology to the Supreme Court for using derogatory and contemptuous language against the judiciary and judges.
He expressed regrets for his words and sought an unconditional apology. “Your case is unpardonable,” Chief Justice Gulzar Ahmed remarked. “Even an illiterate person could not use such a language,” Justice Ijazul Ahsan said.
The court turned down the apology of the accused.
It is pertinent to mention here that Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Gulzar Ahmed had taken suo motu notice of a video clip of Mirza Iftikharuddin on June 25 in which he had used derogatory language against the judiciary and judges. In the next hearing, the AGP is likely to brief the court on the question is Justice Faez Isa being targeted under a new plan?