The Punjab government imposes micro smart lockdown in various areas of six cities in the province on Wednesday, as authorities warned that complacency cannot be afforded despite the declining number of COVID-19 cases in the country.
According to the secretary for the provincial health department, Muhammad Usman, the micro smart lockdown has been imposed to stop the movement of people in the COVID-19 affected areas.
— ARY News (@ARYNEWSOFFICIAL) August 26, 2020
“Only the micro smart lockdown in the affected areas can stop more people from being infected by coronavirus,” said the secretary. He reminded the people that the coronavirus had not yet been eliminated and the disease can only be stopped by following precautionary measures.
As the government imposes micro smart lockdown, 33 areas in the six cites have been placed under the micro smart lockdown covering a population of 3,747. The most number of people placed under the lockdown are Gujrat, while Lahore and Rawalpindi have the most number of areas placed under lockdown.
Following areas are placed in the lockdown in different cities:
Rawalpindi — eight areas under lockdown
- ST No 03 Muhalla Muhammad Abad Johdrh Harpal
- ST-31, PHASE 8, Bahria Town
- RDA Colony Liaqat Bagh
- Bismillah Hotel, Nawababad GT Road Taxial
- Shah Gee Hotel
- Saifullah Hotel, Near Geelani Mart GT Road Taxila
- Jameel Abad
- 14 Area Yum Bakers Wah Cantt
Lahore — eight areas under lockdown
- 66 E Block, PIA Society
- B2 Johar Town
- House #18, Street #4, Babar Street, Clifton Colony, Wahdat Road
- 1758 ST 4 Nishat Colony
- Ravi Pul Saeed Park
- Abu Baker Masoom Shah
- Mangal Street Lohari Gate
- H.no1 Street 5b Lajpat Road Shahdara
Gujrat — Six areas under lockdown
- Village Chechian Dettewal, Tehsil Gujrat
- Mohallah Hayat-un-Nabi, Gujrat City
- Street Sardar Fan, H. No. B-14/341, Chah Training, Gujrat
- Village Bazurwal, Tehsil Kharian
- Village Kotli Bajjar, UC Gulyana, Tehsil Kharian
- Mohallah Chah Takya, Dinga, Tehsil Kharian
Sialkot — Five areas under lockdown
- Chitti Shiekhan
- Kotli Loharan
- Mohalla Moti Masjid
- Model Town
Gujranwala — Four areas under lockdown
- Mohalla Qudratabad Bharoki Road Wazirabad
- Gali Shah Salman Ghakhar Wazirabad
- St Chaudhry Nisar Wali Farid Town
- Mohalla Ali Park, St 1 near Qibtian Mosque Farid Town
Attock — Two areas under lockdown
- PO Jassian, Hazro
- Darusalam Colony
Government imposes micro smart lockdown: implications?
As the government imposes micro smart lockdown, a in the last week, five hotels at the top tourist hot-spots of the country, Naran and Kaghan, have been sealed after some of the hotels’ staffers in the area have tested positive for Coronavirus.
— UrduPoint اردوپوائنٹ (@DailyUrduPoint) August 26, 2020
Speaking over the development, Special Assistant to Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) on Information Kamran Bangash said that the provincial government was not mulling over any restrictions on tourist spots in the province. “Kaghan Development Authority and local administration have collected samples from seven hotels that showed traces of coronavirus in their staffers,” he said adding that all seven hotels were shut under smart lockdown restrictions.
As the government imposes micro smart lockdown, the authorities are now expected to be more vigilant and make sure that the cases remain under control as the educational institutions are reported to be reopened from September 15. Negligence or the slightest error of judgment may lead to a serious health crisis. Therefore, to contain the second wave of COVID-19, from NCOC to the district administration, everyone must be on board, experts suggest.