Maleeha Hashmey |
If there’s any sentence on the planet that is more powerful than “I love you” – it is “I value you”. Heartfelt respect and recognition for each other is what makes a relationship worthwhile – be it personal, professional or inter-state.
Yesterday, as the Prime Minister of Pakistan headed to have a formal picture clicked with the Malaysian Prime Minister, Dr. Mahathir Bin Mohamad and the Malaysian First Lady – Siti Hasmah Mohamad Ali, we saw the latter walk up to the Pakistani premier and gleefully ask, “Excellency, Can I hold your hand?”. To which, he respectfully nodded his head and said, “Sure”.
As she held the cricketer-turned-politician’s hand, the thrill and excitement could be seen on her genuinely innocent face. Everyone around them had a hearty chuckle and thoroughly enjoyed her innocent way of expressing herself.
The afore-mentioned seven-second video clip exhibiting the warm and cordial ties between the two states that possess great significance in their respective regions went viral.
Prime Minister, Imran Khan’s cricket fans and political supporters have been rejoicing and taking pride in choosing the man who sacrificed his comfortably pleasant family life for the love of his soil, as their leader – but at the same time, it is being speculated by certain quarters that a fatwa against the Pakistani premier enveloped by his political rivals must be on its way.
The good news, though, is that the fatwas spilling out of his naysayers’ pens have lost their appeal owing to severe lack of substance that has been observed over the past two months – and hence are taken with a pinch of salt by a wide majority of Pakistanis. And rightly so, lest they should start complaining about the number of times he inhales a minute.
However, there are seven pearls of wisdom that I was able to derive out of the seven-second clip that turned out to be the BIGGEST highlight of the trip.
- When you are honest with yourself and your dealings, mother nature conspires AGAINST all odds to get things on the roll in your favour. Be it being the Captain of the team that you once got REJECTED to even be a small part of because you were not proficient enough back then or being the Premier of the state, having had an oh-so-unbreakable five-decade prolonged duopoly
- Never let the innocent child inside you EVER die
- Simplicity has NO substitute. If you want something, ask for it. Regret stemmed from a missed opportunity is worse than never giving it a shot
- No matter how successful and well-accomplished you get to be in your life, you are still a human with the same set of emotions like everyone else. Never let your status make you go hard on yourself – be it enviably high or desperately low. Honest expression of one’s true self is what all good relationships in the world are precisely based on
- When you are honest with yourself and your dealings, mother nature conspires AGAINST all odds to get things on the roll in your favour. Be it being the Captain of the team that you once got rejected to even be a small part of or being the Premier of the state, having had an oh-so-unbreakable five-decade prolonged duopoly
- What you seek, is seeking you. NO dream is too big to be achieved. Even the word “impossible” says “I’m possible”
- If it is meant to be, it will be. Let your naysayers share their negative take on how miserably you’re going to flunk – once you succeed, make sure they are the first ones you send a fine dessert to and share the good news with
- You never know how one candid expression of yours might just make you ending up winning 220 Million fans overnight
Positive aura Zindabad !!
Maleeha Hashmey is a corporate trainer, motivational speaker, socio-political enthusiast and human resource development consultant by profession. She has been working with the telecommunication sector as a corporate trainer. She has been working with the Ministry of Education, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, as a Human Resource Development Consultant & Teacher Trainer. Her dream is to make Pakistan a stronger economic state that the whole world views as a force to reckon with. She can be followed on Twitter via her Twitter handle @MaleehaHashmey. The views expressed in this article are author’s own and do not necessarily reflect the editorial policy of Global Village Space.