News Desk |
The father of nine-month-old girl Nashwa has confirmed her death in Karachi on Monday morning. Nashwa, a nine-month-old girl was on the death bed for the past 16 days after she was given an overdose of an injection. The negligence of the nursing staff of the hospital Dar-ul-Sehat in Karachi paralyzed the girl with grim chances of survival.
In a media talk held outside the hospital, the sobbing father confirmed her death but also pleaded to the people to stand up for the issue so that such incidents can be avoided in the future. He asked the authorities to take strict action against the culprits involved in the incident.
“Please do something so that someone else’s daughter is not lost,” the father pleaded. “Otherwise news reports like this will keep running, and officials will keep paying visits, but nothing will change.” The father of Nashwa said, his daughter showed immense courage and fought back but eventually lost the battle.
The FIR informed that the CT Scan of Nashwa has revealed that due to lack of oxygen to the brain, the child’s hands, feet, eyes, and mouth had been paralyzed.
Nashwa was brought to the hospital by his father, where she was injected an excessive quantity of potassium chloride intravenously rather than through a drip. Soon her lips turned blue and she began having trouble breathing.
She was then shifted to an Intensive Care Unit and administered cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for 45 minutes, after which her breathing function was restored but was shifted to the ventilator.
The FIR informed that the CT Scan of Nashwa has revealed that due to lack of oxygen to the brain, the child’s hands, feet, eyes, and mouth had been paralyzed. On Sunday, police had arrested three staff members of the private hospital in Gulistan-e-Jauhar area of Karachi.
People have been sharing heartfelt messages for Nashwa on the social media since morning. Many are sending prayers for Nashwa while others are seen protesting the criminal negligence and demanding justice for Nashwa.